Why you should go on an exchange?
- To improve your French skills through practical immersion – There is no doubt that the better way to significantly improve your language skills is to be completely immersed in the country.
- To create long lasting relationship with a family in France – Very often the exchange does not stop after the 5 weeks, it continues for many years and parents also travel to meet each other. It is an adventure for the entire family.
- To experience a new culture – Students will try new foods, meet new people from diverse cultural backgrounds, practice the language and visit interesting cities with your host family such as Paris and many more historic and charismatic towns/villages.
- Excitement of being in a different country – You will discover a whole new environment in the security of a caring host family.
- Gain experience and maturity – You will be out of your familiar surroundings and ‘comfort zone’ and will develop increased self confidence.
Being an exchange student is a lifetime opportunity lo live like a local within your host family, community and school. A challenging but so rewarding experience!
Why Almost French?
- Dedication and reliability – The Almost French Exchange Program is a professional, well-managed and reliable program. We always ensure the best outcome for teachers and principals of the schools as well as a memorable experience for the students and their parents.
- Personalised program – Almost French process each application carefully. We always offer the best match to establish a strong relationship between students from both countries.
- Experience – Almost French has been operating since 2006 and it has never been so popular. The program has grown purely from referrals and word of mouth.
- Small company – Our aim is to offer quality exchanges over quantity. You will have the same contact person throughout the entire exchange.
- Reciprocal exchanges only – We believe it is essential to build a relationship between the students and their families and also create a caring and safe environment.
- Stress free program for parents – We take care of all aspects of the exchange. From offering an easy online application process to booking airfares… everything is taken care of!
- Competitive prices – Most exchange programs are expensive and out of reach for most students. Almost French aims to provide a better value option for students without sacrificing the experience.
Motivated students learning French in year 10 or year 11 and between 15 and 17 years old.
We have a network of contacts and private schools in France providing a safe and enjoyable program. Throughout the years we have built strong relationships with each school and staff. We receive many applications from French students and always select the students that show a strong motivation and are the best match for each australian student.
Our exchange schools are located in different areas of France. Schools in Reims, Lille, St Amand (all those cities are within 1 hour by train from Paris) and Paris. We only work with schools we have strong connections with in both countries.
You can also request to have a friend in the same school. We will try our best to have you in the same city!
French students arrive in Australia at the end of June/ start of July for 5 weeks.
Australian students arrive in France at the beginning of December for 5 weeks.
Dates can be flexible and changed to your liking. Just talk to us…
Our objective is that students spend 3 weeks at school and 2 weeks of holidays with the host family.
What is included in the price?
- Selection of host family
- All Safety Checks on hosting family (Working with Children Check)
- Return airfares from Melbourne to Paris (including airport taxes)
- Flight chaperone by an Almost French representative
- Travel insurance
- Visa arrangements
- All paperwork necessary for the trip
- Registration with DFAT before embarking on the exchange to France
- Access to a French school during the stay
- Welcome and pick up at Paris Airport by host family
- A representative of Almost French in both countries to help at any time
Note: The package does not include pocket money which should be provided by parents and meals which would be provided by host family.
For cost information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0414 456 062 (Fanny).
How to apply?
All applications must be received before February of the year you wish to travel.
Places are limited so don’t miss out on this fantastic experience and complete your application now!
How to register?
- Contact us for information on how to access our online application form.
- Follow the prompts and submit your application.
- Once the application is submitted, make sure you send us the required documents (as per details on the online application form) and please pay the deposit within 3 days. All details will be provided when completing the online registration form.
What happens next?
- We carefully select a French student who has similar interests to you and your family.
- We send you details of your French exchange student so you can start liaising with him/her.
- We take care of all the logistics of the exchange and keep you updated.
- You welcome your French student at your home in July and then travel to France in December for your French experience.